1. For casual Pixar fans, could you tell us a bit about the premise behind Coco?
2. How did you go about faithfully capturing the essence of Día de Muertos? It’s often portrayed in films and TV, but rarely with such care and nuance.
3. In the past, Pixar has animated toys, monsters and even personified emotions. Did skeletons present their own challenges?
4. Pixar is known for the painstaking approach it takes in researching its projects. What sort of work did you undertake in preparation for Coco?
5. Were there any challenges (or indeed highlights) in designing and presenting both a Land of the Living and a Land of the Dead?
6. A story that in many ways revolves around the power of music, what kind of work went into developing the sound of Coco?